Daniel S. MacAvoy has been pastor of Hanover Baptist Church since 1997. Prior to coming to HBC, he pastored for 13 years in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor of Arts in Bible with Greek minor: Bob Jones University
- Master of Ministry: Bethany Theological Seminary
- Counseling Certificate: Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation
- Master of Ministry: Virginia Baptist College
Ministries & Experience
- Advisory board and faculty of Virginia Baptist College.
- Vice President of the Board of Directors of Jehovah Jireh Ministry.
- Secretary, Treasurer and Steering Committee of the Virginia Assembly of Independent Baptists.
- President, Vice President and Secretary of Atlantic Independent Baptist Fellowship.
Pastor and Janice served in Kenya for 15 months. They have traveled abroad to preach in Haiti, Jamaica, Ireland, Italy, Puerto Rico, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and the Philippines.
Dan and Janice have been married since 1979. Janice is a BJU graduate. Their children's families include:
- Becky & John Cox, Mekeilah, Caitlyn, Sophie and Caleb live in Glen Allen, Virginia.
- Sarah & Joel Arnold, Jeremy, Zachary and Caroline are missionaries to the Philippines.
- Josh & Christie MacAvoy, Tyler, Brody and Hudson live in North Salt Lake, Utah.
- Christa & Jonathan Threlfall, Anna Grace, Nate, Miles and Karis live in Richmond, Virginia.
Prior to coming to Hanover Baptist Church, Jonathan served as a youth pastor for over eight years. He and his wife Christa have a burden to help people find and follow Jesus. They have four delightful children--Anna Grace, Nate, Miles, and Karis. Jonathan is currently pursuing a Ph.D in Apologetics and Worldviews.